Support The Youth Connection
Get Connected... Building Tomorrow's Workforce Today!
For 2011 Heart of Michigan Walk/Run Donations, Please Click on the Orange "Donate" Button Below!
It's A Good Business Decision...We offer a great return on your investment.
- As a business, you need a prepared and competent workforce.
- For every $1.00 invested in career development, after school programming and public education, society gains $12.19.
Help youth begin careers and become socially-conscious and self-sustaining adults.
- Our role is to create sustainable change - to place youth in jobs that provide them with the opportunity to learn, grow and dream.
- We work to ensure each youth participating in our program is given the opportunity to experience the career of their future.
- Removing the barriers hampering opportunities for our youth is a key. We enlist partners from education, social services, substance abuse, and health care to accomplish this.
We are asking for your support, Partner with us...
- Help us to continue to be able to provide the support and training these special young people need to succeed.
(Your donation is fully tax-deductible.)
Impacting Our Youth, Impacting Our Community...
- Serving young people ages 14 - 21 (mostly in Detroit)
- One of the few agencies providing special emphasis/support for our youth that have aged out of foster care
- Career development workshops
- College tours
- Leadership training via community service
- Case managers who work tirelessly in assisting our youth to follow their dreams and become interested, motivated young adults.
- Summer internships with companies that include Henry Ford Health Systems, the Detroit Zoo, Gentz Industries (an aerospace technology firm), the Detroit Fire, Police, Homeland Security and Emergency Management, and Water Departments
- 83% Graduation rate for 2010 and 89% of graduates moving on to secondary education.
In Their Words...
“The Youth Connection Career Academies has been an excellent program...to be a part of. When I started, I wasn’t doing too well in school and I was messing around. But this program helped me to find out what I want to do with my life and got me a volunteer placement and paid summer internship at Henry Ford Hospital. Ms. Gulley, Ms. Hill and Dr. Dudley have all helped me to be a better student and person. I think this program is great…if you’re interested in getting a job experience...
...I would recommend The Youth Connection.”
-- Lauren Sowell, Class of 2010
- Recognized as a TYCCA Outstanding Performer.
- Participated in over 78 hours of TYCCA workshops and seminars this year.
- Attending Schoolcraft College as a Freshman, Fall of 2010