Strawberries contain high levels of Vitamin C, which produces antioxidants that helps your body repair and plays a huge role in your immune function and absorption of iron. Kiwi’s helps you build a strong digestive and immune system, helps with regulate diabetes, and skin care.
Produce Tip: Look for plump berries with a natural shine, rich red color, bright green caps, and a sweet smell.
Prep Tip: Look for no-sugar-added frozen strawberries.
1. Cut strawberries in half lengthwise.
2. Spoon yogurt into bowl or cup.
3. Place strawberries on both sides of yogurt.
4. Top yogurt with granola and kiwi’s.
“Fruity goodness for smoothie lovers”
Prep Tip: Before serving, use cool water to gently wash strawberries with the green caps still attached.
1. Place the banana, strawberries, kiwi, vanilla frozen yogurt, and pineapple and orange juice blend in a blender
2. Blend until smooth.
“Fill half your plate with fruits and veggies”
Prep Tip: Wash strawberries gently. They bruise easily.
Change it Up: Use any kind of salad greens or lettuce you like. Add cooked chicken or a hard-boiled egg to make this salad a main dish.
Nutrition Tip: Read food labels on salad dressings and choose those with 140mg sodium or less.
1. In a small mixing bowl, stir together salad dressing and sugar until sugar is dissolved.
2. In a large mixing bowl, toss spinach, strawberries, and onion. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat.
Check out the Fruit/Vegetable of the Month where The Youth Connection features produce tips, facts, and healthy recipes that you can share with the entire family!
Get to know our youth!
Read about our current and former youth and their accomplishments throughout our Career Academies (TYCCA) program.
Shop at AmazonSmile and select The Youth Connection as your charitable organization, and Amazon will donate 0.5% of your purchase to TYC each time you order!
Donations payable to The Youth Connection by mail is:
The Youth Connection, Inc.
4777 E. Outer Drive
Detroit, MI 48234
Check out our Events page to find out information and photos of prior events and what we are organizing in the near future.
The Youth Connection is in the News! Click on the picture above for our latest press releases, news clippings and links to stories about TYC!