Broccoli has vitamin A which makes your eyes, bones, teeth, skin, and hair strong and healthy. Broccoli also has vitamin B2 which helps keep your skin smooth. Broccoli has vitamin B2 which helps keep your skin smooth. Tangerines are good for your brain; they help you concentrate and remember information. Tangerines are packed with vitamin C which helps build your teeth and bones, helps in blood formation, and keeps your hair and skin healthy.
1. Cook the pasta as directed on package.
2. About halfway through pasta cooking time, add garlic and continue cooking.
3. With about 3 minutes left to pasta cooking time, frozen broccoli, bring water back to a boil, and cook for 3 more minutes
4. When the pasta is finished cooking, drain pasta and broccoli in a colander over the sink and then dump them both back in the pot.
5. Add the rest of the ingredients and toss together. Add seasonings to taste.
Makes: 6 Servings
Prep time: 15 minutes
Fresh broccoli and strawberries are colorful additions to this refreshing summer delight.Lemon dressing brings a bright flavor to this pasta dish.
1. Cook orzo pasta according to directions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
2. In a large bowl, combine orzo pasta, broccoli, strawberries, and sunflower seeds. Drizzle with lemon poppy seed vinaigrette and toss to combine.
3. Season with salt and pepper. Chill in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Preparation: 5 minutes
1. Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until creamy and smooth, scraping down sides as needed.
2. Taste and adjust flavor as needed. Add more fruit juice if too thick. Add more honey if not sweet enough. Serve immediately. Freezes well (or make into popsicles).
Get to know our youth!
Read about our current and former youth and their accomplishments throughout our Career Academies (TYCCA) program.
Check out the Fruit/Vegetable of the Month where The Youth Connection features produce tips, facts, and healthy recipes that you can share with the entire family!
The Youth Connection is vetted on GlobalGiving! Support our programs and donate to our GG project page “Connecting Detroit Youth to a Brighter Future!”
Shop at AmazonSmile and select The Youth Connection as your charitable organization, and Amazon will donate 0.5% of your holiday purchase to TYC each time you order!
Donations payable to The Youth Connection by mail is:
The Youth Connection, Inc.
4777 E. Outer Drive
Detroit, MI 48234
Check out our Events page to find out information and photos of prior events and what we are organizing in the near future.
The Youth Connection is in the News! Click on the picture above for our latest press releases, news clippings and links to stories about TYC!