Bananas are rich in fiber, which helps moderate blood sugar levels and improve digestive health. Bananas are also a great source of potassium, a mineral essential for health heart, controlling blood pressure and kidney health. Cucumbers are 96% water, helping to keep you hydrated. Cucumbers contain potassium, which can help lower blood pressure and have good source of Vitamin K, a vitamin essential for bone health.
Produce Tip: Look for bananas that have an even yellow color. Avoid bruised bananas, or those that have been visibly damaged during the shipping process as they will ripen unevenly. Choose firm, dark green cucumbers with no wrinkles or spongy spots. Avoid wilted, soft of damaged cucumbers.
Serve with cucumber slices.
1. In a large bowl, cream together sour cream, yogurt, and dill.
2. Store the dip in a covered container if you don’t use it right away.
3. Keep the dip in the fridge until your serve.
1. When bananas have become very ripe, peel and slice them into medium size round pieces. Place on a plastic wrap covered baking sheet and put in freezer overnight.
2. Place frozen bananas in a food processor or blender with a small splash of milk (not over ¼ cup total).
3. Pulse food processor or blender until bananas begin to break up. The will be tiny balls of bananas at this point.
4. Using a spoon or rubber spatula, scrape down the banana mixture. Continue running the food processor until the mixture is smooth and creamy. This may take a few minutes. The ice cream will look and tastes like soft serve ice cream when finished.
5. Server in an ice cream cone or in a small bowl with a small ribbon of chocolate syrup on top (optional).
1. Combine all ingredients.
2. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
3. Wash the cucumbers off and pat dry with clean paper towel. Cut in half and add chicken salad.
4. Use within 1-2 days. Chicken salad does not freeze well.
HOW TO USE LEFTOVER CHICKEN
1. Using a blender, blend all ingredients together.
2. Pour into glass and enjoy!
DON’T FLUSH THEM
DON’T KEEP THEM
(CLICK IMAGE TO LEARN MORE!)
CALLING ALL FAMILIES! Sign up for our upcoming Strengthening Families Program: For Parents and Youth 10-14 Session! For more infomation or to sign up, call 313-826-7099 and ask for Deb Mitchell or fill out our online form!
Get to know our youth!
Read about our current and former youth and their accomplishments throughout our Career Academies (TYCCA) program.
Check out the Fruit/Vegetable of the Month where The Youth Connection features produce tips, facts, and healthy recipes that you can share with the entire family!
Shop at AmazonSmile and select The Youth Connection as your charitable organization, and Amazon will donate 0.5% of your purchase to TYC each time you order!
Donations payable to The Youth Connection by mail is:
The Youth Connection, Inc.
4777 E. Outer Drive
Detroit, MI 48234
Check out our Events page to find out information and photos of prior events and what we are organizing in the near future.
The Youth Connection is in the News! Click on the picture above for our latest press releases, news clippings and links to stories about TYC!