Michigan is the nation’s second largest producer of apples. There are more than 11.3 million apple trees covering 35,500 acres on 825 family-run farms in Michigan. Growers pride themselves on a rich heritage of producing an array of fine apple varieties. Spinach is rich in Vitamin A and a good source of Vitamin C, Vitamin E, folic acid, iron, and calcium and is available year-round.
Produce Tip: Select apples that are firm to the touch when lightly pressed. Avoid apples that are noticeably soft, discolored, or indent easily after you press the skin. Choose spinach with leaves that are crisp and dark green.
1. Combine Michigan Apple Juice concentrate, corn syrup, vinegar, sugar, garlic salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate.
2. Cook tortellini according to package directions.
3. Drain and cool thoroughly. In large mixing bowl combine tortellini and remaining ingredients.
4. Toss gently with Apple Juice dressing and serve immediately.
Prep Tip: Avoid using limp or yellowing spinach leaves.
1. Combine all the ingredients in a blender.
2. Process until completely smooth. Divide between 2 or 3 glasses and serve at once.
Prep Tip: Thoroughly wash spinach before use. Use a salad spinner or paper towel to remove excess moisture before using.
1. Combine Michigan Apples and yogurt. Set aside.
Warm tortillas according to package directions.
2. Divide and arrange remaining ingredients evenly over tortillas.
3. Place ¼ of Apple mixture down center of each tortilla.
4. Fold 2 opposite sides in about 1 ½ - inches and roll.
5. Cut each wrap in half and serve immediately
Join us for all the fun! Sign your family up to participate in our 1st Annual 12D2 Fit N Fun Family Clubs Olympics Games at our After School Fair on August 19th!
Get to know our youth!
Read about our current and former youth and their accomplishments throughout our Career Academies (TYCCA) program.
Check out the Fruit/Vegetable of the Month where The Youth Connection features produce tips, facts, and healthy recipes that you can share with the entire family!
Shop at AmazonSmile and select The Youth Connection as your charitable organization, and Amazon will donate 0.5% of your purchase to TYC each time you order!
Donations payable to The Youth Connection by mail is:
The Youth Connection, Inc.
4777 E. Outer Drive
Detroit, MI 48234
Check out our Events page to find out information and photos of prior events and what we are organizing in the near future.
The Youth Connection is in the News! Click on the picture above for our latest press releases, news clippings and links to stories about TYC!